About Bask Bank
- What is Bask Bank?
We’re Bask Bank, and our interest is in miles.
Unlike traditional savings accounts, where annual interest gives you pennies on your dollar, we’re offering a simpler, smarter way to make your money work for you.
Building on a 20-year partnership with American Airlines, every dollar you save is an AAdvantage® mile earned, giving you travel rewards that grow the more you save. In just a few quick, simple steps, you can add a savings account that complements your banking products to diversify your mileage portfolio.
- How are Bask Bank and Texas Capital Bank connected?
- Bask Bank is a division of Texas Capital Bank, an established FDIC-insured bank headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
- Is Bask Bank FDIC insured?
Yes. Bask Bank accounts are provided by Texas Capital Bank, which is an FDIC member. The sum of your total deposits with (i) Bask Bank; (ii) BankDirect; and (iii) Texas Capital Bank, N.A. are insured up to $250,000.
The FDIC provides a Deposit Insurance Summary guide, Your Insured Deposits Guide, and the Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE), which allows you to calculate your FDIC insurance coverage. The EDIE calculator can be found at www.fdic.gov/edie.
If you have questions about FDIC insurance requirements, please visit www.fdic.gov or call them directly at 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342).
- How secure is Bask Bank?
We’re dedicated to protecting your information. Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. Such security measures are accomplished with the implementation of multiple layers of security that are aligned to industry standards.
- Does Bask Bank offer anything besides a savings account?
Not yet, but we are looking to expand our offerings in the near future! Have the next great idea or something else you want to share? Email us here.
- How many American Airlines AAdvantage® miles do I earn with Bask Bank?
The Bask Savings Account awards one AAdvantage® mile for each dollar saved annually. Miles are accrued daily and awarded monthly based on your average monthly balance. For example, if the account’s average monthly balance for January is $60K, you will earn 5,096 AAdvantage® miles for that month ($60K ÷ 365 × 31). If that same balance is maintained in February, you will earn 4,603 AAdvantage® miles. After one year of maintaining an average balance of $60,000, the customer will have earned 60,000 AAdvantage® miles.
For more information, see full details within our Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures. Rates are subject to change.
- What can I do with my American Airlines AAdvantage® miles?
AAdvantage® miles earned through Bask Bank will be added to your AAdvantage® account, and you can use these miles like others you earn from AAdvantage® partners. Please note, however, that AAdvantage® miles awarded through Bask Bank do not count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage® Million MilerSM status.
- When will the mileage awards be processed and when can I expect to see these awards posted to my American Airlines AAdvantage® account?
Bask Bank awards the miles you earn for maintaining a balance each month on or before the 5th business day of the following month. For example, AAdvantage® miles earned throughout January will post in your Bask Savings Account on or before the 5th business day of February. Bonus AAdvantage® miles are awarded based on terms of the specific bonus offer. AAdvantage® miles earned through Bask Bank will post to your AAdvantage® account within 6-8 weeks.
- When will I start earning AAdvantage® miles on new deposits?
You will start earning AAdvantage® miles on the business day we receive your deposit.
- How do additional deposits and withdrawals impact my earning?
AAdvantage® miles are accrued daily and awarded based on your average monthly balance. If you deposit more, you will earn more miles. If you make a withdrawal, your miles earned will decrease. For example, if you start with $36,500 you will accrue 100 AAdvantage® miles each day you maintain that balance. If you then withdraw $10,000 and your new balance is $26,500, you will accrue 73 AAdvantage® miles each day. If you take all of your money out in the middle of the month, you will have earned for the days where you maintained a balance.
- What do I have to do to get AAdvantage® miles the second year?
As long as you maintain a balance in your Bask Savings Account, you will continue earning AAdvantage® miles. Miles are awarded monthly based on your average balance. If you keep a $60,000 balance for a full 24 months, you will earn 120,000 AAdvantage® miles.
- Will American Airlines AAdvantage® miles earned through Bask Bank be taxable?
AAdvantage® miles awarded by Bask Bank for maintaining a deposit balance are viewed as interest income. This income will be reportable to the IRS and to you for the year in which the miles were posted to your AAdvantage® account.
AAdvantage® bonus miles awarded for other activities will also be considered reportable as either miscellaneous income or interest income, depending on the nature of the award. Bask Bank will issue each customer the appropriate IRS Form 1099 for the AAdvantage® miles awarded each calendar year. For more information, you can visit our Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures.
Note: Bask Bank is not an accounting firm or law firm and is not offering tax or legal advice. Please consult with an appropriate professional regarding any questions about your personal taxes.
- When will I receive my 1099-INT tax forms?
Your 1099-INT form will be mailed to you by January 31. This tax form is used to report the interest income you earned. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to call the Bask Customer Support team.
- How do I know that my miles go to the right American Airlines AAdvantage® account?
Before earning miles, you must input your AAdvantage® number to link your account. If your account is already linked, you will be notified. If you link the wrong AAdvantage® number, your miles earned through Bask Bank will not post to your American Airlines account.
- Does Bask Bank offer miles with other travel partners besides American Airlines?
Today our partnership is with American Airlines. If you aren't a member yet, click here to sign up for the American Airlines AAdvantage® program to begin earning rewards today.
About Bask Savings Accounts
- Why should someone open a Bask Savings Account over a traditional savings account?
Let’s compare the two side by side. The current average for interest on savings is around 0.09%*. So, $60,000 in a traditional savings account will yield about $54 over the course of a year, while that same amount in a Bask Bank account would earn you 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles. You don’t need a calculator to tell you 60,000 AAdvantage® miles will get you a lot farther than $54.
With AAdvantage® miles, the opportunities are endless. Maybe you want to reconnect with friends or family, visit a child at college or have a child fly home for a visit, or maybe you just want to take that vacation you’ve been meaning to take. You can do that with AAdvantage® miles earned through a Bask Savings Account.
*Industry average annual percentage yield is based on the FDIC calculated national rate effective 12/02/2019.
- What savings account activities can I do with a Bask Savings Account?
You can do a wide range of activities when you log in to your account at BaskBank.com, including:
- Check your balance
- Transfer money securely
- Schedule recurring deposits
- Update your profile and preferences, including your password, alerts, and address
- Do I need to switch banks to open a Bask Savings Account?
You do not need to switch banks. In fact, we see ourselves as additive and complement your existing bank accounts.
- Any fees?
No account fees! You can start earning American Airlines AAdvantage® miles with no fees on your savings account.
For more information, see full details within our Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures.
- Do you offer a debit card or ATM card for Bask Savings Account?
We do not offer a debit or ATM card. However, you can easily access your funds any time by sending an ACH Transfer to your account at another bank.
- Does Bask Bank have a minimum account balance?
We don’t! However, if your account remains unfunded for sixty days, we reserve the right to close your account.
- How can I add beneficiaries (initially and subsequent changes)?
Please contact Customer Support at 833-260-4320 to add or change beneficiaries on your account.
- Do you offer joint-ownership accounts?
We are currently not offering joint-ownership accounts. We will update you if this becomes available in the future.
Opening an Account
- Will this show up on my credit check?
In certain instances, we may need additional information prior to opening your account. An inquiry may appear, but we do not do a credit check.
- What do I need to provide to open an account?
To open a Bask Savings Account, all you need to do is provide your name, contact information, and social security number. During the process, you’ll need to answer a few questions to verify your identity.
- What are micro-deposits and how do they work?
If you wish to link your Bask Savings Account to an external account using your account and routing number, we may use micro-deposits to verify your access.
Our simple micro-deposit process is as follows:
- Bask Bank will make two very small deposits (e.g., $0.21 and $0.26) into your external bank account.
- You’ll then check your external account to confirm the deposits have posted.
- Once they have, log in to BaskBank.com and enter the two deposit amounts.
- Finally, your external account will be linked to your Bask Savings Account, and you’ll be able to transfer funds to and from the accounts.
Funding, transfers and withdrawals
- How can I fund my account?
You have several options to fund your account:
- You can initiate a transfer from the Bask Bank website or mobile app. This will process as an ACH that withdraws money from your account at another bank and deposits it to your Bask Savings Account.
- You can initiate a Wire Transfer from your account at another bank.
- Bask Bank
- Routing Number: 111026177
- Beneficiary: (Customer Name)
- Beneficiary Account Number: (Customer’s Bask Bank Account Number)
- You can deposit a check using the Mobile Deposit feature of our mobile app. The check must be made payable to you and must be properly endorsed. Please see the Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures for additional guidance on Mobile Deposit.
- Is there a minimum funding requirement to open a Bask Savings Account?
There is no minimum funding to open a Bask Savings Account. The minimum transfer amount is $1. If an account remains unfunded for 60 days, we reserve the right to close that account.
For more information, see full details within our Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures.
- What are my online transfer limits?
For new customers, online transfer limits are limited to a maximum of $100,000 per month with daily transaction limits of $50,000 up to three times per month. Bask Bank may update transfer limits and number of transactions at any time based on account activity and relationship with the bank, without notification unless required by law.
If you need assistance with transferring larger amounts, please contact Customer Support at 833-260-4320.
- How long does it take for a transfer to process?
It may take 1 to 3 business days for a transfer to process. You will start accruing AAdvantage® miles the day we receive your funds; although, depending on the type of transfer, the full amount may not be available for withdrawal immediately.
For more details, please see the Funds Availability section of the Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures.
- How much money can I deposit in my Bask Savings Account?
There’s no cap to how much money you can keep in your Bask Savings Account which means unlimited earning potential of AAdvantage® miles!
- Can I take my money out of Bask Bank at any time? How will it affect my miles?
Of course, it’s your money! If you choose to withdraw any portion of your savings from Bask Bank, you will be rewarded based on the average monthly balance maintained in your account.
For more information about how you can access your funds, see full details within our Account Agreement, Terms & Disclosures.
- Can I setup recurring and scheduled transfers?
Absolutely! Just log in to set the timing and frequency, and you’ll reach your savings – and travel – goals even faster.
- Are there any transfer fees?
There are no account fees associated with your Bask Savings Account, including transfers to and from. Your external bank or a third party may, however, charge a fee.
- What is Bask Bank’s ABA routing number?
Our routing number for both wire transfers and ACH transfers is 111026177.
- What happens if I don’t fund my account?
If an account remains unfunded for the sixty days, we reserve the right to close that account.
- When will I receive my savings account statements?
You will receive a savings account statement each month, which will include your activity from the previous month.
- How do I dispute a transaction on my statement?
If you believe there was an error on your transaction, please contact us at 833-260-4320 Monday to Friday 7 AM-10 PM CST and Saturday 9 AM-5 PM CST. You can also send a secure message to customer support, by logging into your account, locating the transaction in question in the Savings tab, clicking the drop-down list button on the right-hand side of the transaction and selecting “ask a question.”
- How do I access my statements online?
Log in to your account, select “more” then click “statements and documents.”
Alerts and Notifications
- What types of alerts will Bask Bank send me?
We’ll notify you when there’s been certain types of activity in your account: a new transfer has been authorized, your password has been changed, a new device has been registered, etc. That way you can stay on top of your account for security and ease of use.
- How do I change which security alerts I receive?
Once you’ve logged into online banking, select More and then Notifications and Alerts. There you can toggle on and off each type of alert.
- What’s the difference between security alerts and secure email?
Security alerts for changed passwords, unsuccessful login and more will be sent to you via email to flag for potential suspicious activity. But secure email exists within the online banking platform. Once you’ve logged in, you can use it to send a secure message about your account to our Customer Support team.
- What’s a security code in online banking?
Your security code is a 6-digit code that may be sent to you via text or email when you log in to your Bask Savings Account from a device we don’t recognize. The security code can only be used once and will expire 20 minutes after you receive it.
- How can I change where the security code is sent?
To update your delivery options, please log in to online banking, select the More tab then choose Security Preferences. In the Secure Delivery section, you will be able to change the phone number where you receive security codes.
- How do I unsubscribe from Bask Bank marketing emails?
To unsubscribe from marketing emails, click "Unsubscribe" located near the bottom of any marketing communication received from us.
Profile and access information
- How do I access my Bask Savings Account?
You can access your account a variety of ways.
- Online: Access your Bask Savings Account at BaskBank.com. Log in with your username and password.
- Mobile App: Download our mobile app and log in with your username and password.
- Customer Support: Call our US-based team at 833-260-4320 Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM CST.
- Where can I download the Bask Bank app?
Our app can be downloaded via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- How can I find my savings account number?
Once you’ve logged in to online banking, navigate to the Saving tab and select Details. You’ll find your balance, latest deposit details and account number there. You can also see your account number on your monthly statements or call us at 833-260-4320.
- What browsers do you support?
We support Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge. We do not support Internet Explorer.
- How do I change my mailing address, phone number or email address?
To change any of your personal information, log in to your account, click the More tab and choose Personal details. There you will be able to edit your mailing address, email address, and phone number. If you’d like to change the name on the account, please contact customer support at 833-260-4320.
- I forgot my username. What do I do now?
To protect your account information, we do not provide an option to change your username online. If you have forgotten your username, give us a call at 833-260-4320 and we can help you reset it.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password in the Bask Bank app by clicking “Forgot password?” on the home screen and following the guided prompts.
- How can I get help on the phone?
Bask Bank provides telephone support Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 10 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM CST. If you can’t find what you’re looking for online or via our mobile app, feel free to give us a call at 833-260-4320.
- How can I earn American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles?
With Bask Bank, there are several ways to earn AAdvantage® bonus miles, including an account opening bonus, feedback bonus and a variety of balance bonuses. Please visit our bonus offers page for more information.
- When will AAdvantage® bonus miles appear in my account?
AAdvantage® bonus miles are awarded by Bask Bank within 10 business days of completing required offer qualifications and post to your AAdvantage® account within 6-8 weeks.
- Are there any incentives for referring people to open a Bask Savings Account?
Not at this time, but it’s something we’re looking into for the future!
- Do customers receive 1,000 miles each time they provide feedback?
The feedback bonus is a one-time award. Feedback must be provided through your online banking portal.
No luck finding the answer to your question? Email or call us at 833-260-4320, and one of our customer support representatives will be in touch with you shortly.