Last Revised: 7/2023
Effective Date: 7/5/2023
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our Site, we may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us, including but not limited to:
- First, middle and last name
- Home or other physical address
- Email address
- Username associated with your account
- Telephone number
- Location information
- Date of birth
- Company name
- Job title
- Biometric Information for enabled sign-ons: The Texas Capital Mobile App uses your device’s Touch ID or Face ID functionality when you sign on to our Mobile App. Your device stores the information it needs to recognize your facial features or fingerprints. Texas Capital does not have access to the information your device uses to enable facial or fingerprint recognition, nor does Texas Capital have access to or store your facial image or fingerprint data.
- Voice prints: Voice prints may be used only if a customer previously enrolled in the Voice Print System and has authorized the use of Voice Print to confirm your identity when you call Texas Capital client support. Voice prints will not be sold, shared or used for any purposes other than customer verification.
- Documents or images: Documents or images submitted via our Site or Mobile Apps may be used to verify your identity during account opening and retained for Texas Capital to perform ongoing standard due diligence reviews.
- Details about devices used to access our websites or mobile applications such as IP address, browser information, device information, operating system information and your mobile carrier. This is discussed further below.
- We may also collect information about the use of websites, mobile applications, social media presence, and internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, HTML5 localStorage and other technologies. This is discussed further below.
- Contacts data on your phone or mobile device for Zelle® Payment Services. Find out more about this service at https://www.texascapitalbank.com/zelle. Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC, and are used herein under license.
Cookies and Similar Technology
We may collect other information when you visit our Site or use our mobile applications, or interact with our advertisements, even if you are not using our services or do not provide this information directly to us. We may collect a variety of information types in a variety of ways, including:
Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by your internet browser directly on the device you are using. Cookies help track technical and navigational information such as time you spend on the Site, your browser type and the specific pages that you visit.
Flash Objects: (also “Local Shared Objects”): Flash objects determine browser type to ensure that you can view all of the content on our Site, and they help us recognize you and your device when you revisit our Site.
Web Beacons: Web beacons are objects that are embedded in a webpage and usually invisible to the user. They track who is visiting our Site.
Tracking Pixel: A tracking pixel, also known as a marketing pixel, is a 1×1 pixel graphic used to track user behavior, Site conversions, web traffic and other metrics similar to how a cookie tracks.
IP Address (Internet Protocol Address): An IP Address is automatically assigned to your device by your Internet Service Provider and is automatically recorded and logged when you visit our Site.
HTML5 localStorage: HTML5 localStorage in the browser is different from cookies but can be used for the same purpose (to pair a tracking ID to a particular web server with your web browser so that the web server can identify your web browser over time).
Other Use: Tracking technologies that we may use from time to time and as technology changes.
Other Online Information
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information about you when:
- You Provide Personal Information to Us —
We collect Personal Information online from you or about you when you provide this information to us directly. For example, we may obtain Personal Information when you log in, request information from us, use our products or services, register on our Site, submit an application, contact customer support or otherwise interact with us.
- We Obtain Personal Information from Others —
We obtain Personal Information from third parties such as credit bureaus and others to tailor your online experience. We may also receive information about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties
- We Gather Information Online —
We may collect information about your activity on our Site automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to gather information for internal uses, such as Web analytics and to personalize your visit, or for marketing purposes (see TRACKING below).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Collecting Personal Information and Other Online Information allows us to optimize the services we offer you. We may use this information in a number of ways, including but not limited to:
- Processing applications and transactions
- Verifying your identity, including when you access your online account
- Responding to inquiries and communications from you
- Improving our business operations and developing new products and services
- Assessing and informing you about the services and products that might interest you
- Providing you important information about our Site
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support, and administrative messages
- Protecting the rights, property, or personal safety of Texas Capital, its users, and/or the public
- Complying with legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies
- Managing your preferences
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our Site, including the pages and advertisements you view
- Other purposes we may specifically disclose at the time we collect information
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share information we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice. This Notice describes the information collected and your choices regarding the sharing of this information.
We may disclose Personal Information, Cookies and Similar Technology, and Other Online Information as required by law and to third-party affiliates and servicers in connection with the processing, administration, and servicing of your account. These affiliates are only authorized to use and disclose your information as needed to perform services on our behalf or to satisfy legal requirements. At times, we may also disclose your information to (1) meet legal requirements, (2) cooperate with law enforcement authorities, (3) to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, (4) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Texas Capital, (5) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain, (6) to enforce our rights resulting from inappropriate use of our Sites, or (7) as we deem appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
In the event that assets of Texas Capital are acquired by, sold to or merged with a third party, we reserve the right to transfer your information in connection with this transaction.
We may also share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take the protection of your Personal Information seriously. We actively work to limit access to your Personal Information to authorized employees, agents, contractors or vendors. We use reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards as required by law to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, manipulation or destruction. This includes device safeguards, secured files and buildings, and oversight of our third-party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
KEEPING INFORMATION ACCURATE
The accuracy of the information you provide to us is very important. Please log in to your account and update any account information you believe to be incomplete, inaccurate or not current. If you cannot change or correct the information online, or you would rather make these changes offline, please contact us.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required to meet our contractual and legal obligations, or we have a legitimate business need to do so.
We may allow social share buttons on our Site that enable users to easily share information on social media platforms. If you click on these social share buttons, the nonaffiliated third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Site where these widgets are placed.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, Texas Capital Bank is not responsible for the information collection, use and disclosure practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other application developer or provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer.
Because we link to social media and third-party sites, other parties may collect your Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit this Site.
Often referred to as online behavioral advertising, we may collect data about your web-browsing activities (using cookies, web beacons, tracking pixels and similar technology) when you visit (1) our Site, (2) the website of entities for which we serve advertisements (our “Advertisers”), or (3) the websites and online services where we display advertisements. This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to improve our Site and serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Remarketing”). Microsoft’s Universal Event Tracking feature is one service we may use for behavioral advertising. See your opt-out rights below.
Additionally, we may track your use of our Site across multiple devices, monitoring your activity to personalize and improve your experience. All platform tracking pixels, including those with our advertising networks, will be capturing anonymized user data including, without limitation: conversion activity, impression/click data, general media buy data, and unique identifiers, such as cookie IDs and Ad IDs (ad server only). Google Services is one service we may use for Analytics. See your opt-out rights below.
Your mobile device may permit applications to access real-time location-based information. Our mobile applications may collect such information, with your permission, in order to enhance the features and functionality of our Site, to improve our service offerings, or for fraud mitigation and account security. In addition, some of the information we already collect, such as IP addresses, may be used to estimate an approximate location of the device you are using to access our Site. See your opt-out rights below.
Texas Capital may perform additional tracking for Site functionality and to improve performance. Tracking is strictly necessary to ensure our Site works properly to enhance security, facilitate navigation, display material more efficiently, recognize the device that you are using to access our services, and understand how our services are being used.
Your Opt-Out Rights
You can exercise your opt-out rights through the below resources:
Please note that not all tracking will stop, even if you delete cookies. Specifically, tracking to ensure Site functionality will not stop. If you set your browser to disable cookies or other tracking mechanisms, then your experience using our online services may not be the same.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Technology and Industry standards are currently evolving, and we may not separately respond to or take any action with respect to a “do not track” configuration set in your internet browser.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, see the CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT AND CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT NOTICE below.
For any questions or comments regarding this Policy or our privacy practices generally, please contact us through the following channels:
- Call the toll-free number 1-877-839-2265
- Email Support at [email protected]
- Log in to your bank’s website and send a message through the secure online portal
In the event you notice suspicious activity on your account or believe your personal ID, password or PIN has been compromised, please email us immediately at https://www.texascapitalbank.com/contact-us or call us at 800.554.8969.